We received many wonderful new works, and it was tough to narrow it down. Ultimately, we found that Mr. Davis's "blackbirds" (for double bass & live electronics) best fit the overall program, and we are excited to include it in our May concert. Many thanks to everyone who participated.
Treefalls is looking for new works for double bass written by local composers. The chosen piece(s) will be premiered on our May 30, 2014 concert: ONe.
There is NO FEE associated with this Call for Scores
- between the ages of 23 and 38
- current resident* of North Carolina or South Carolina
About the piece:
- 10 minutes or less
- written after 2005
- eligible works will NOT have been professionally premiered or recorded before May 30, 2014.
- solo double bass (preferred)
- double bass and two cellos
- double bass with one of the following instruments may also be considered:
- Soprano Saxophone
- Alto Saxophone
- fixed media (two channel maximum; live electro-acoustic pieces will be considered only if composer can supply technician/equipment)
- a brief bio
- a PDF score (with parts if applicable)
- an MP3 of the piece or a link to an audio file on Soundcloud, Dropbox, etc. (Live musicians preferred, piano renditions accepted, and good midi is okay - just so long as we can tell what's what.
Send all to:email@example.com
by 11:59pm (EST) on Friday, January 17, 2014
notifications will be sent out by Feb 18
ONLY DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of pieces a composer can submit, but we kindly ask that you do not overwhelm us; a good maximum number is around 3. Feel free to email us if yours is a special case.
- Chosen works will be performed and recorded at our May 30 concert in Spartanburg, SC.
- Although it is not a requirement, and no travel stipend can be offered at this time, we ask that chosen composers attend the concert to introduce their work.
- There is no prize money associated with the Call for Scores at this time.
- Treefalls reserves the right to not choose a piece if none are deemed suitable or we cannot accommodate them in the time given. We also reserve the right to choose more than one piece as well, so send us your stuff!
* Full-time students between the ages of 23 and 38 who are currently attending a NC/SC school are eligible, even if they are considered residents of another state.