We received many fascinating new works, and it was tough to narrow it down to just one. So we didn't. We have decided to included THREE pieces culled from this Call for Scores and found that Mr. LaRosa's Cayuga, Mr. Zare's Northern Lights, and Ms. Seeholzer's Trio in Scattered Leaves best fit the overall program.
We were delighted to see so many active composers producing such wonderful and inventive work. This project has given us an even greater hope for the future of New Music! Many thanks to everyone who participated.
Treefalls is looking for new works for Piano Trio. The chosen piece(s) will be performed by ensemble Trio d'Esprit on our April 24, 2015 concert in Spartanburg, SC.
There is NO FEE associated with this Call for Scores
- under age 38 (born after April 24, 1977)
- this Call for Scores is open to composers from anywhere in the world
- preference* will be given to "unknown" composers and to those who come from traditionally underrepresented groups
- Piano Trio: violin, cello, and piano
- please note: we are not looking for subsets of this group; all three instruments should be involved in the performance of the work
About the piece:
- 10 minutes or less
- composed/written after Jan 1, 2005
- though they may have been premiered, eligible works will not have been professionally recorded & released before April 24, 2015.
- a brief bio (in English)
- a PDF of score and parts (may be separate files or may be one file)
- program notes (in English)
- a link to an audio file recording of the piece; it may be on Soundcloud, Dropbox, etc. (Live musicians preferred, piano renditions accepted, and good midi is okay - just so long as we can tell what's what.)
Send all to:email@example.com
by 11:59pm (EST) on Friday, Dec 5, 2014
notifications will be sent out by Jan 30, 2015
ONLY DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of pieces a composer can submit, but we kindly ask that you do not overwhelm us; a good maximum number is around 3. Feel free to email us if yours is a special case.
- Chosen works remain under the copyright of their composers and do not transfer in any way to Treefalls.
- Although we would dearly love to have the composer of the chosen work attend the concert, no travel stipend can be offered at this time. So we are not requiring composers to attend the April concert.
- There is no prize money associated with the Call for Scores at this time.
- Treefalls reserves the right to not choose a piece if none are deemed suitable or we cannot accommodate them in the time given. We also reserve the right to choose more than one piece as well, so send us your stuff!
* Ultimately, we will choose the piece that best suits both the program and the ensemble. However, in keeping with the Mission of the organization, our desire is to present the variety, the diversity, and the wonderfully eclectic nature of New Music. So we are apt to chose works and composers that offer contrast to the traditional and well-represented groups.