We are excited to offer the premiere of Moody's newest piece, Drip at the SPO's Espresso #2 concert. David Cortello's work, Pablo sketches Igor was a close runner up and certainly worthy of Honorable Mention.
We were quite pleased to hear all of the wonderful music from our region. Thank you to everyone who shared their works.
Treefalls and the Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra are looking for new works by Established Composers for the SPO Woodwind Chamber Ensemble. The chosen piece will be performed by the ensemble on their November 20, 2015 "Espresso Shot #2: French Roast" concert in Spartanburg, SC.
There is NO FEE
to submit works for
this Call for Scores
In addition to a performance of the new work in November, the composer of the chosen work will receive $500.00, two concert tickets, plus a small travel stipend.
NOTE: Attendance is required.
To encourage and help promote New Music in our area, a second composer will be recognized with an award of $250.00 from the Music Foundation of Spartanburg.
- must be a resident of SC, NC, or GA
- hold a graduate degree in Theory/Composition or have notable accomplishments in the field of music Composition
- must be able to attend the Nov. 20 concert in Spartanburg, SC
one Flute, two Oboes, two Clarinets, two Bassoons (no Cbn), two Horns, and Piano
must be written for an ensemble of 4 to 9 players from the list above
works that call for standard/typical doubling will be considered
- no electro-acoustic works at this time please
About the piece:
- 8 minutes or less
- composed/written after Jan 1, 2010
- preference will be given to works that have not received a premier performance*
eligible works will not have been professionally recorded & released before Nov 20, 2015
- a brief bio, 200-250 words (in English)
- a PDF of score and parts (may be separate files or may be one file)
- program notes, up to 300 words (in English)
- a link to an audio file recording of the piece; it may be on Soundcloud, Dropbox, etc. (Live musicians preferred, piano renditions accepted, and good midi is okay - just so long as we can tell what's what.)
Send all to:email@example.com
by 11:59pm (EST) on Saturday, Sept 26, 2015
notifications will be sent out by Oct 20, 2015
ONLY DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of pieces a composer can submit, but we kindly ask that you do not overwhelm us; a good maximum number is around 3. Feel free to email us if yours is a special case.
- Chosen works remain under the copyright of their composers and do not transfer in any way to Treefalls.
- In addition to the $500 that will be awarded to the composer of the chosen work, a small travel stipend will be given to attend the Nov. 20 concert in Spartanburg, SC. Treefalls will be happy to assist in finding a suitable hotel, offer driving directions, etc.
- Award checks will come from the Music Foundation of Spartanburg and will be given to composers at the concert. Travel expenses will be in the form of reimbursement and/or paid by the MFS also at the time of the concert.
- Treefalls reserves the right to not choose a piece if none are deemed suitable or we cannot accommodate them in the time given. We also reserve the right to choose more than one piece as well, so send us your stuff!
* Ultimately, we will choose the piece that best suits both the program and the ensemble. However, in keeping with the Mission of the organization, our desire is to present works that have not been heard before.